Desert Adventures offers one-stop shopping for group activities and corporate events. We take the stress and guesswork out by offering you direct communication and inclusive pricing to ensure you get the program you want at the best possible price. Our sales and operations teams bring years of experience in corporate sales and event operations; coming from the desert’s best resorts and Destination Management companies prior to joining the Desert Adventures team.
We design and operate our own programs and our professional and experienced sales and operations teams can handle everything from transportation to welcome gifts to make your event truly unique and memorable.
Our unique, outdoor “Enchanted Desert” venue is available for all types of corporate events, ranging from cocktail receptions to simple BBQ’s to elegant or elaborate theme parties. The venue is also available to add a breakfast, lunch, or dinner to a Jeep tour, sightseeing or hiking tour, or team building program Metate Ranch.
Set back in a beautiful canyon in the Indio Hills, this amazing venue offers two dining and entertainment areas located on two levels.
The upper level features a replica Indian Village that has been recreated with historically accurate detail using the same techniques used by the Cahuilla People 2-3,000 years ago. Palteewet features a ceremonial house, kishes [huts] filled with Indian artifacts, and interpretive displays showcasing the foods, weapons, and tools of the Cahuilla Indians. There are three sparkling pools, a running stream, and spectacular views. The upper level includes ambient lighting, path lighting, and colored up-lights on the hills.
The lower level (main event area) showcases the awesome beauty of the desert through the use of spectacular lighting and natural elements. The Enchanted Desert features a magnificent natural desert setting adjacent to a lush natural palm oasis and surrounded by breathtaking hills that are bathed in dramatic colored lighting at night. White stringer lights provide a warm, whimsical feel to the main dining and entertainment area. The venue features a beautiful water feature, desert themed sculptures, bar and buffet areas and a fire pit with fireside seating.
Full service catering, ranging from casual to elegant and full bar service is available through our preferred caterers and we offer lots of fun entertainment and decor options.
With Desert Adventures, we believe that planning should be easy and that there should be no surprises when you get your final bill. For that reason, all of our prices are fully inclusive of any taxes or service charges so that you know up front what your event is going to cost. Please keep that in mind, however, when you compare our prices to events at other venues where pricing is ++, as what may seem like it’s less expensive on the surface often is more expensive in the end once you add on taxes, gratuities, and service fees.
All inclusive corporate event packages include:
- Choice of BBQ, buffet or plated dinner
- Full open bar
- Campfire with marshmallow roast
- Camp activities including shooting gallery, darts, horseshoes, and gold panning
- Guided tours of the Indian Village
- Private use of the venue for up to 3 hours (overtime charges apply after 3 hours)
- Enchanted Desert Lighting Package: Includes stringer lights in the lower level dining area, bar and buffet lighting, several colored spotlights on the mountains, lighting of all camp activity areas, ambient lighting on the upper level, path lighting along the upper and lower level walkways, and “back of the house” lighting in the catering area. Additional lighting is required on the upper level if it is going to be used as a dining or entertainment area (additional fees apply). The upper level lighting is designed to primarily allow guests to enjoy the view from the upper level.
- Generator power for all food, beverage, and entertainment provided by Desert Adventures
- Standard port-o-lets (upgraded facilities are available for an additional charge)
- Road preparation and watering for bus access
- All Labor For Set Up/Tear Down
- All Applicable Taxes & Gratuities
- Admission and Land Use Fees
- Complete Event Coordination by Desert Adventures Operations Team
The Enchanted Desert venue is also a wonderful location for a themed event.
Some theme party ideas include:
- Midnight in the Oasis / Arabian Nights / Sultan’s Nights – Colorful table runners with Moroccan lanterns, giant urns, palms, and belly and fire dancers transform our desert paradise into a Moroccan fantasy land.
- Desert Magic – Create a magical atmosphere with colorful LED lighted tables and centerpieces and magical entertainers such as magicians, sand readers, and fortune tellers.
- Indian Pow Wow – Authentic Indian Dancers provide an entertaining and exhilarating event experience.
- Starry Nights – Stargazing under the clear desert sky is a special experience. We bring in large telescopes and knowledgeable sky guides to lead you on a fascinating journey through the night sky. You’ll be amazed when you see the rings of Saturn!
- Survivor Party – Recreating elements of the popular television program, we can combine Survivor-like activities with a fun Survivor themed dinner.
- Moon Rock – What you get when you play up our lunar-like landscape and pair that with a great Rock n’ Roll Band.
- Mexican Fiesta / Southwest – Let the flavor of the Southwest shine through with a delicious Mexican or southwest inspired dinner, flamenco dancers, and a mariachi band or Latin dance band.
- Polynesian Luau – Our Indian kisches resemble Polynesian huts, making it easy to transform the upper level into a tropical paradise. We can bring in hula dancers, fire dancers, tropically-inspired music, and more to create a relaxing tropical vibe.
- And more – the only limit is your imagination!
Please contact our Group Sales department to request a custom proposal for your group. We look forward to providing a truly unique and one-of-a-kind corporate event experience for your group!