Park in the lot next to Starbucks Coffee in the Palms Shopping Center at the intersection of Monroe Street and Avenue 42.
82041 Avenue 42
Indio, CA 92203
Look for your Red Jeep in the parking lot just to the Northeast of Starbucks (wwitch the map to Satellite View and zoom in to see the exact location on the map).
This is the departure location for the following tours:
- “Bones of the Earth” Faultline Jeep Tour
- “Ancient Footprints” Faultline Jeep Tour
- The Ultimate San Andreas Fault Jeep Tour
- San Andreas Fault Hiking Tour by Jeep
78-375 Varner Road
Palm Desert, CA 92211
Look for your Red Jeep in the restaurant parking lot.
NOTE: This is the Palm Desert location near Washington Street and the I-10 freeway – not the Palm Springs location!
There are a number of eateries in the shopping center where you can grab a beverage or meal before or after your meal.
Departure Location for:
- San Andreas Fault Jeep Tour
- San Andreas Fault Sunset Jeep Tour
- San Andreas Fault Nightwatch (Stargazing) Jeep Tour
100 S. Palm Canyon Drive
Palm Springs, CA 92262
The departure location for these tours is from the sightseeing tour loading zone. The sightseeing tour loading zone is on E Tahquitz Canyon Drive, right in front of the library.
There are public restrooms located across the street at Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf.
Free public parking is available two blocks to the south in the city lot on W. Baristo Rd. between Indian Canyon Drive and Palm Canyon Drive. There is also unlimited free street parking one block north of E Tahquitz Canyon Drive on N Indian Canyon Drive (North of E Andreas Rd.).
Departure Location for:
- Indian Canyons Hiking & Jeep Tour
- Joshua Tree National Park Jeep Tour – For guests joining the tour in Palm Springs
Metate Ranch is located at the North end of Monroe Street in the Indio Hills. There is no physical address. However, you can use the address for Granite Construction if you are navigating via GPS (38-000 Monroe Street, Indio, CA), and that will get you close.
- Take the I-10 freeway or Hwy 111 to Monroe Street.
- Turn north onto Monroe Street (from Hwy 111, you’ll be heading toward the freeway, and from the freeway, you’ll be heading toward the mountains and away from the main part of Indio).
- Take Monroe Street north almost as far as you can go. After you cross the freeway, you’ll go about 2.2 miles further.
- The road will narrow and cross the water canal and then wind up and over a levee (little hill).
- From the top of the levee you will see the Granite Construction / Hi-Grade Materials plant directly in front of you
- HALF WAY between the levee and the Granite Construction / Hi-Grade Materials gate, there is a dirt road that goes off to the right (east)
- Turn right onto the dirt road and then make an immediate left into the dirt parking lot.
- If you get to the horse corral, you’ve gone too far. Turn around and head back to Monroe street. The entrance to the parking lot is only about 100 feet from the pavement.
- Meet our staff in the parking lot at your scheduled time.
Note that access to Metate Ranch is gated. If you wish to visit the Ranch, please contact us to schedule an appointment as you will require an escort.