Explore extraordinary scenery as your Big Red Jeep winds its way through the labyrinth of geological cuts and canyons of the San Andreas Fault Zone with one of our award-winning naturalist guides!
- Complimentary hotel pick-up is available for guests staying in Palm Desert or Indian Wells, subject to availability.
- We can also pick you up from the Living Desert if you plan to visit the park after your Jeep Tour.
- Pick-up from Rancho Mirage or La Quinta is available for an additional charge of $25 per Jeep.
- Pick-up in Palm Springs is not offered.
- Hotel pick-up adds up to 60 minutes to the tour duration, depending on your pick-up location and number of pick-ups scheduled.
- To request hotel pick-up, please contact us a day or two before your tour.
- San Andreas Fault Jeep Tour with expert naturalist guide
- Guided nature walk (geared to the abilities of guests in the Jeep)
- Granola snack and bottled water
- General admission ticket for the Living Desert (good for use any day)
You explore the Living Desert on your own at your own pace.
- Giraffe feeding ticket
- Complimentary parking at the Living Desert
- All taxes, admissions and fees
Your guide provides you with your Living Desert tickets when you check in for your Jeep Tour. If you would like to visit the Living Desert before your Jeep Tour, please call our office at (760) 324-5337 to make arrangements to pick them up.
- Living Desert Package Includes admission to the Living Desert and Giraffe Feeding
Two Activities for the Price of One!
Extraordinary scenery abounds as your Big Red Jeep winds its way through the labyrinth of geological cuts and canyons of the San Andreas Fault Zone as your naturalist guide entertains you with stories about the plants, animals, geology, and history of the California desert.
On this exciting 4WD adventure to our private Metate Ranch preserve on the San Andreas Fault, you:
- Experience the twisted and tortured landscape of an active earthquake fault system as your guide describes the geology of the area and you explore the skeleton of the earth.
- Walk between the steep walls of deep canyons created by the powerful forces of plate tectonics, water, wind, and time.
- Explore a natural palm oasis where crystal-clear water bubbles up from the underground aquifer.
- Learn about the culture and lifestyle of the Cahuilla Indians and how they used the desert’s plants for food, medicine, tools, weapons, shelter, and more.
- Learn about the plants and animals of the California desert.
- Discover the fascinating history of the Coachella Valley.
- Enjoy spectacular views as your guide describes the geologic forces and local history that shaped the Coachella Valley.
Your Wild & Living Desert Package also includes general admission to the Living Desert Zoo & Botanical Gardens and giraffe feeding ticket (a $31.95 added value).
The Living Desert is a zoo and botanical garden specializing in the plants and animals found throughout the deserts of the world. Giraffes, mountain lions, wolves, and cheetahs are just a few of the incredible animals that take you from Africa to North America. Stop by the famous Palo Verde Garden Center or one of the largest G-scale model train displays in California.
Some of the animals that you see at the Living Desert include giraffes, mountain lions, meerkats, leopards, wolves, and over 400 other desert animals in natural habitats. Beautiful gardens, tranquil hiking trails, a Petting Krall, daily shows, and an African village are other highlights.