Our San Andreas Fault Sunset Jeep Tour is the same as our regular day tour, except that it is ideally suited for photographers who want to capture picturesque sunset images.
- Complimentary hotel pick-up is available for guests staying in Palm Desert or Indian Wells, subject to availability.
- Pick-up from Rancho Mirage or La Quinta is available for an additional charge of $25 per Jeep.
- Pick-up in Palm Springs is not offered on public tours. Please contact us to inquire about the cost and availability for pickup in Palm Springs for private tours.
- Hotel pick-up adds up to 60 minutes to the tour duration, depending on your pick-up location and number of pick-ups scheduled.
- To request hotel pick-up, please contact us a day or two before your tour.
- Public Tours
- Adult 13 - 61 Years
- Child Ages 12 and under
- Senior Ages 62+
- Private Tours
- Private Jeep Up to 7 passengers
Enjoy Stargazing in the Desert!
Witness the transition from day to night on this exciting 4WD adventure that adds stargazing to our popular San Andreas Fault Jeep Tour. Travel to our private and pristine Metate Ranch on the San Andreas Fault, where you will learn about the desert’s plants, animals, history, geology, and earthquakes from your professional naturalist tour guide.
On your journey, you will visit a natural palm oasis, explore spectacular box and slot canyons, and view an ancient fossil bed as your Jeep winds its way through the incredible labyrinth of geological cuts and canyons of the San Andreas Fault Zone.
As the sun sets, witness the spectacular transition from day to night as the light casts amazing shadows and colors on the hills. Desert sunsets are magical, so be sure to bring your camera!
When the sky darkens, you are treated to a fascinating stargazing journey through the night sky as you view stars, planets, and constellations through the lens of a high-powered telescope.