Our San Andreas Fault Sunset Jeep Tour is the same as our regular day tour, except that it is ideally suited for photographers who want to capture picturesque sunset images.
- Complimentary hotel pick-up is available for guests staying in Palm Desert or Indian Wells, subject to availability.
- Pick-up from Rancho Mirage or La Quinta is available for an additional charge of $25 per Jeep.
- Pick-up in Palm Springs is not offered on public tours. Please contact us to inquire about the cost and availability for pickup in Palm Springs for private tours.
- Hotel pick-up adds up to 60 minutes to the tour duration, depending on your pick-up location and number of pick-ups scheduled.
- To request hotel pick-up, please contact us a day or two before your tour.
- Public Tours
- Adult 13 - 61 Years
- Senior Ages 62+
- Child Ages 12 and under
- Private Tours
- Private Jeep Up to 7 passengers
Our Signature San Andreas Fault Line Tour!
Extraordinary scenery abounds as your Big Red Jeep winds its way through the labyrinth of geological cuts and canyons of the San Andreas Fault Zone as your naturalist guide entertains you with stories about the plants, animals, geology, and history of the California desert.
On this exciting 4WD adventure to our private Metate Ranch preserve on the San Andreas Fault, you:
- Experience the twisted and tortured landscape of an active earthquake fault system as your guide describes the geology of the area and you explore the skeleton of the earth.
- Walk between the steep walls of deep canyons created by the powerful forces of plate tectonics, water, wind, and time.
- Explore a natural palm oasis where crystal-clear water bubbles up from the underground aquifer.
- Learn about the culture and lifestyle of the Cahuilla Indians and how they used the desert’s plants for food, medicine, tools, weapons, shelter, and more.
- Learn about the plants and animals of the California desert.
- Discover the fascinating history of the Coachella Valley.
- Enjoy spectacular views as your guide describes the geologic forces and local history that shaped the Coachella Valley.