San Andreas Fault
MOVERS AND SHAKERS
4x4 Jeep Tour
Naturalist guided exploration of the geology and seismology of the San Andreas Fault Zone.
Due to COVID-19 health & safety concerns, we are currently only offering private tours.
MASKS ARE REQUIRED to be worn when guests are in the Jeeps, or whenever 6 feet of physical distance cannot be maintained.
Party of 2 or 3 guests (Price per person)
Party of 2: all ages$225
Party of 3: all ages$150
Party of 4 or more guests (Price per person)
Adult: 18 years and up $135
Child: 3-17 years $108
Whole Jeep (Price per Jeep)
Whole Jeep: Up to 7 guests$800
Online reservations are accepted for up to 2 Jeeps / 14 guests.
Call (760) 477-4118 or contact us to book 3 or more Jeeps.
San Andreas Fault MOVERS AND SHAKERS 4×4 Jeep Tour
Explore the tortured landscape of the San Andreas Fault Zone, take a walk between narrow slot canyon walls, and learn about the geology and seismology of the San Andreas Fault
Our Express Faultline Tour
For a more in-depth exploration of the San Andreas Fault zone, we recommend our 4-hour San Andreas Fault BONES OF THE EARTH 4×4 Jeep Tour that also includes a stop at a NATURAL PALM OASIS and a guided tour of a RECREATED CAHUILLA INDIAN VILLAGE with interpretive displays.
On that tour, you will also learn how and why the Cahuilla people lived in the fault zone and how the use of desert plants
Journey Through the San Andreas Fault Zone:
Climb aboard a Big Red Jeep for an engaging and entertaining 4×4 Jeep Tour of the winding canyons and unique geologic features of the San Andreas Fault Zone.
Along the way your professional naturalist guide will discuss the geology and seismology of the San Andreas Fault.
Take a walk between the steep walls of canyons created by the powerful forces of plate tectonics, water, wind, and time and enjoy spectacular views as your guide describes the geologic forces and local history that shaped the Coachella Valley.
- Morning tours are offered year-round
- Afternoon tours are offered October – May only
Reservations: Advance reservations are required
Vehicle: Open-air 7-passenger Jeep CJ-8 (Scrambler) with shade top
Hotel Pickup: Complimentary pickup is offered from the cities of Rancho Mirage, Palm Desert, Thousand Palms, Indian Wells, Bermuda Dunes, La Quinta, and Indio. Tours departing from Palm Springs or Cathedral City are $50 per Jeep additional or guests may meet at Metate Ranch near Indio at no additional charge.
- Naturalist guided tour in a classic open-air Jeep Scrambler (CJ-8) with removable canvas shade top
- Guided nature walk or easy hike – geared to the abilities of the guests in the jeep
- Metate Ranch land and road use fees
- Bottled water and granola snacks
- This tour is suitable for children aged 3 and up.
- Proper footwear (hiking boots or walking/tennis shoes) are required. Please no open-toe shoes or sandals.
- Guests get in and out of the Jeep several times on this tour to partake in short nature walks or an easy hike. Please let us know when booking if you have any mobility issues that limit your ability to walk or if you will need assistance getting in or out of the Jeep.
- Guests who are pregnant or who have neck or back issues or injuries should consult with their doctor before taking this tour.
- Due to COVID-19 health and safety concerns, all guests must complete a health screening, including temperature check, prior to participating in this tour. MASKS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL GUESTS AND STAFF WHENEVER THEY ARE WITHIN 6 FEET OF ANOTHER PERSON. Masks can be removed while hiking or when out of the Jeep, as long as everyone maintains at least 6-feet of physical distance between one another. Masks are mandatory when riding in the Jeep or whenever 6-feet of physical distancing cannot be maintained.
Child Policy: Children must be at least 3 years of age AND 1) weigh over 40 pounds OR 2) be at least 40 inches tall to ride in our Jeeps. Children under the age of 8 or 4’9″ tall must ride in a booster seat (supplied by the guest and secured by a 2-point seat belt in the back of the Jeep).