Our San Andreas Fault Sunset Jeep Tour is the same as our regular day tour, except that it is ideally suited for photographers who want to capture picturesque sunset images.
San Andreas Fault
"Bones of the Earth"
The Ultimate San Andreas Fault Jeep Tour!
Our most popular Red Jeep Tour!
Extraordinary scenery abounds as your Big Red Jeep winds its way through the labyrinth of geological cuts and canyons of the San Andreas Fault Zone as your naturalist guide entertains you with stories about the plants, animals, geology, seismology and history of the California desert.
On this exciting 4WD adventure to our private Metate Ranch preserve on the San Andreas Fault, you:
- Experience the twisted and tortured landscape of an active earthquake fault system as your guide describes the geology of the area and you explore the skeleton of the earth.
- Walk between the steep walls of deep canyons created by the powerful forces of plate tectonics, water, wind, and time.
- Explore a natural palm oasis where crystal-clear water bubbles up from the underground aquifer.
- Learn about the culture and lifestyle of the Cahuilla Indians and how they used the desert’s plants for food, medicine, tools, weapons, shelter, and more.
- Learn about the plants and animals of the California desert.
- Enjoy spectacular views as your guide describes the geologic forces and local history that shaped the Coachella Valley.
- Naturalist guided tour in one of our signature open-air Jeep Scramblers (CJ-8) with shade top
- Guided nature walk (geared to the abilities of the guests in the jeep) 🛈
- Metate Ranch Land and Road Use Fees
- Cool bottled water and granola snacks
- Face coverings for all guests are provided
🛈 Guests get in and out of the Jeep several times on this tour to partake in short nature walks or an easy hike. Please let us know when booking if you have any mobility issues that limit your ability to walk or if you will need assistance getting in or out of the Jeep.
Sold by the seat.
- Adult 18 years and up
- Child 5-17 years
- Infant / Toddler Children under 5 are not permitted on public tours
- Private Tours Sold by the Jeep
- 4 or fewer guests Limited Time Internet Special
- $750 $600
- Up to 7 guests per Jeep Limited Time Internet Special
- $825 $750
Public Tours are sold by the seat. You may be with other guests in the Jeep. Hotel pickup is available from down-valley hotels for $25 additional (flat fee per booking). Hotel transfers add up to 1 hour to your tour. Guests in Palm Springs must join the tour at the central meeting point in Indio. For guests without a car, both Uber and Lyft service this location.
Private Tours are sold by the Jeep. The entire Jeep is reserved just for your party, regardless of the number of people. Hotel pickup is available from the Greater Palm Springs area for an additional $50 per Jeep. Private tours with pickup are 4 hours in length.
Guide gratuities are not included in the tour price, but are appreciated. The suggested gratuity is 10-15%, payable directly to your guide. You may also add a gratuity to your credit card, if desired.
- 3.5 hours Duration 3.5 hours
Witness the transition from day to night on this exciting 4WD adventure that adds stargazing to our popular San Andreas Fault Jeep Tour.
- 3 hours Duration 3 hours
This adventure package includes our 3-hour San Andreas Fault Jeep Tour PLUS a general admission ticket to the Living Desert Zoo & Gardens with Giraffe Feeding! Two activities for the price of one!
- 3-4hours Duration 3-4hours
Let our expert naturalist guides show you the most unique and scenic destinations in the area.
- 4-hour minimum Duration 4-hour minimum
Are you looking for a unique mode of transportation for your group while in the desert? How about chartering our classic open-air Jeep Scramblers to transport your group?